Our food has run low... very low. I will be living off of animal crackers (yes I am in my twenties and they're still a favorite... so what?? Big bag for $1.50? Yes please!), I have a few oranges and apples left, plus some frozen veggies. Why is our food supply so low? Well, that's because I leave to Alaska for a month and I really don't want to buy food that I might not eat. So I'm just going to deal for the next few days.
But when Sunday morning came and I had an urge to cook, I had to be creative. What did I come up with? I give you-
Chocolate Waffles with Cream Cheese Syrup...er Melted Frosting. Wow. Could there be a more unhealthy breakfast? (the answer is yes actually) I only had part of one (be proud), so I didn't feel too guilty.
For the waffles I just added cocoa powder and vanilla extract to your basic waffle mix. Then for the syrup/ frosting I just mixed together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and soy milk. Then I heated the syrup/ frosting over the stove until it was runny.
I promise I'm generally a healthy person... I had no food or choice! I had to make them!
In other news:
As I mentioned I am about to head up to Alaska. But I really didn't have any shoes that would work. Heels and Alaska DO NOT mix. No one wears them and the weather is not sunny too often. So this week I purchased the pair of the Stripe TOMS I had been wanting as well as the Steve Madden Tsunami Rain Boots I'd been eyeing! I am ready! (minus all that packing business)
And sorry about the giveaway winners... They'll be posted soon! Promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment