After spending a few days at the cabin we cleaned up and headed home. My parents had scheduled themselves on a flight over Denali and were going to leave us at the fork between Talkeetna and Anchorage. When we got there we decided that we all wanted to go see Talkeetna. It wasn't very far off the highway. I'm so glad we did!
I could seriously live there. It is the cutest little town filled with shops and home made goods. This is the restaurant we ate dinner at.
The second picture is their park where all summer long they have concerts at 5 pm. I'm not sure what this band was called, but they were a great blue grass band! We enjoyed listening to them while the train rolled quietly to a stop in the background, dogs played, and we sucked on ginger chews.
My sister and I decided we wanted to take the airplane tour too (even though I get sick on planes, I decided it should be worth it). So my BIL took the kiddos home and my parents, sister, and I headed to Talkeetna Air Taxi. Here are some views from the air.
I couldn't find any of the glacier pictures... I think my sister was too distracted to take pictures. I took videos though and will one day post them. But LOOK at that picture of the peak of Denali above the clouds!
We were supposed to have a glacier landing but for whatever safety reason, we didn't. It's ok, because I was SO done by the time we landed. I wasn't meant to fly. haha!
Here we are with the airplane- Me, my dad, mom, and sister. All in our glacier boots (which were unnecessary) and yes, I was very bundled up (that was necessary).
It was such a fun week! I'm so glad we headed north to enjoy a part of Alaska I had never been to!
No comments:
Post a Comment