Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What Time Is It??

First- I know I need to do a post of Hermione and I when we looked alike. But I am in Alaska... and I don't have access to any of my childhood pictures. But I PROMISE that it will be at the TOP of the To-Post list when I get back in a couple of weeks!

***

I've been meaning to do this post for a while. I really wanted a video to go along with it. But I just don't have the tools I need here with me in Alaska to do that. Plus all the ones I tried making are... terrible. haha! So you get a photo! Yay!

I always have people ask me if it REALLY does stay light all the time- the answer is sort of. This is NO JOKE what it looks like at midnight in Alaska as of now.

There are times during the year and parts of Alaska where it really is daylight 24 hrs. per day. But once it hits June 21st the days start getting "shorter" in most parts of Alaska. So they'll get an hour or two of semi-darkness and gradually it becomes more.

When I first flew in a couple of weeks ago it looked as if it were early morning and almost made me ready for the day until I looked at the clock that read 2 AM... It can be confusing.

And to go along with this- yes there are definitely times and parts of Alaska where it is dark 24/7. But that's in the dead of winter, I've never experienced that. The first two times I came up here it was semi normal because it was late winter/ early spring and late summer/ early fall.

But there you go! :D A genuine picture of the Alaskan sky at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment