Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Party! Costumes, Ghost Stories, and more!

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous weekend! I've got a few things for you today, but they're all AWESOME!! So I hope you make it all the way through. :)

Last night I was able to go to a party that my church was throwing for young single adults. I had a blast and was so glad I went. Two of my friends and myself planned our outfits to go together. They were a BIG hit!
idea via
Photobucket

ROCK, PAPER, & SCISSORS
Photobucket

The party was hoppin'...
Photobucket

There were a bunch of festivities going on as well as the dancing- a bonfire with ghost stories, "scary" movies (and by "scary" I mean PG-13), karaoke, limbo, as well as a pie eating contest (makin' me sick to even look at the picture), and a costume contest. We were the favorites to win and in the end a robot beat us... WHAT?!
Photobucket

There were a TON of people there and everyone was dressed in such amazing costumes! These are just some pictures that were snuck onto my camera...
Photobucket

Like I said, it was so much fun! I'm really glad I went!

Now, time to get even more into the Halloween spirit...

Do you believe in ghosts? I don't like to say either way... why tempt them?? If you don't, here are some ghost stories that might make you change your mind...

A little while ago my old ballet teacher Amy, posted on her blog a picture that her sister had taken while in England. I haven't forgotten this picture and I so I asked Amy if I could share it with you today. I stole her explanation of it too- I felt she could explain it better than I could:


"This picture still gives me the creeps.  When I first saw this picture, I screamed and my hair stood on end.  It is SO REAL!!! 
This is taken from a digital camera.  There was absolutely no doctoring done to the photo.
(Other than just cropping and enlarging the photo so you can see the faces better--it's blurry because it's about 7 years old and taken with a lower-quality digital camera.)

Look above the two girls' heads.
That is clearly another face.

A ghost. 

Here's the story:  My sister, Stacey, did a study-abroad in England.  They spent one day and night in Salisbury.  She and her friend sat on this bench outside a church.  Another friend was asked to take a quick photo.  As they were skimming through the photos the next morning, they saw the ghost.  They did some research and found out that they were sitting on an old, buried graveyard.

Look and the clarity of the face above the two girls.  It's not a double of one of the girls because, 
1) There would have been a double of EACH girl (and the bench for that matter),
2) The angle of the face is different from each girl, and 
3) You can just make out different clothes (old fashioned?) that the ghost is wearing.

It looks like he (she?) just wanted to pop in and be in the picture.

(I have had some people mention and point out there they see TWO ghosts in the picture.  Just to the left of the tree, there is a resemblance of a figure there.  Maybe.)"
via Amy and Stacy

What do YOU think?

A couple days ago Lauren shared some videos of "ghosts at Disneyland" on her blog and I couldn't resist sharing them too.

Do you see the "person" walking around?! What?!


As I was watching this a second time it looks as if the hitchhiking ghost is wearing a cast member name tag... and I would know what those look like!


This ones a little harder to see. But CRAZY if you can see it. Looks as if the ghost is having a fun time watching all the scared guests faces until- it just disappears...


Can anyone explain those??

Ok, back to the fun and games. :)

The other night my mom held her annual Halloween Witches Party. This is where she gets a bunch of friends from our neighborhood together, they all dress up as witches (I did her makeup and hair this year), and they have dinner etc. This year it was a Bunco party...
Photobucket

They're all awesome. :)

I have to add in this picture of my sister and her family in their Halloween costumes. It is just TOO cute!! Look at my niece/the chicken's feet! Rubber gloves! Hilarious! My niece/the chicken won the costume contest at their party! :D


Well, sorry it was such a long post. But I had so many things to show you! It was just my way of throwing a little blogger Halloween party. But I'd love for you to join by linking up any of your Halloween themed posts!



Happy Sunday everyone!

P.S. If you haven't entered the Printed Peaks Giveaway- do so now!

No comments:

Post a Comment