Thursday, November 17, 2011

Package Pals Party- Group 3

Hey guys! We've got our 3rd group of Package Pals posting today! Are you having fun so far?! Isn't everyone doing a fantastic job?! Today is no different. These ladies did fabulous!

Group 1- Jessica and Satu
Hello Finland!  I am from Kentucky and my package pal was from Finland.  I had so much fun getting to know her and checking out her blog.  I even had fun learning about Finland online.  I tried to send items that represented Kentucky and items that Google informed me were hard to find in Finland.  In return I received a beautiful piece of Finland from my fashion magazine to the sweet treat everything was amazing!


In this package exchange USA met a small part of Northern Europe! 
My name is Satu, I'm a 24 year old girl from Finland and the hostess of a little blog called 
Indie by Heart. My package pal is Jessica, behind the beautiful blog Sunny Days & Starry Nights. It was so fun to search for different kind of Finnifsh and girly things to send for her to Kentucky, and to pack up them nicely. I got a HUGE surprise from my pal, that was like an early Christmas present! I received loads of all things good, like Halloween-candy and baking stuff, plus a fashion magazine, movie, American colouring books and calendar for next year. I'm so overwhelmed and  happy about taking part in Package Pal Party, it surely was like ten birthdays combined. Many hugs and kisses to Jessica, you're the best!

BLOG




Group 2- Elizabeth and Shutterbug
My package pal was from Canada, and she sure sent an awesome care package from her country! Here are the pretty things: a mini t-shirt with the Canadian Maple leaf as well as a maple leaf cookie cutter! A lucky Chinese envelope with the shiniest coins I've ever seen in my life, her favorite candy (which quickly became mine!) and a cute gift of markers to use with my stamping! I felt like a little bit of a jerk after getting peanut brittle from my home state of VA (then remembering she was allergic to peanuts!) and then getting Salt Water Taffy only to discover the second or third ingredient was peanut butter! I hope she loved her package as much as I loved mine!

Package Pals is my second blog swap, It was a fun opportunity to get to know a new blogger. My package Pal, Elizabeth O, hasn't never been to Canada so I wanted to send her some unique Canadian souvenirs- coins, a maple leaf cookie cutter and a mini Canadian t-shirt. I Before meeting Elizabeth in the blog world, I didn't know there are people that retire so young. But now I know! During her spare time, she sells hand-stamped stationary on her Etsy store. I wanted to support her business by giving her the tools to succeed - the stamping markers. And last but not least, I gave her one of my favourite Canadian-made chocolates. 


Group 3- Melissa and LauraJane
I have absolutely loved being a part of Package Pals! LauraJane was the absolute best package pal (yes, I'm being biased) and I'm so glad I've "met" her. It was so fun receiving yummy and great diy gifts, food and books from this sweet girl from California. Seriously. The joy and love I felt from her perfect package is indescribable! It was so fun brainstorming what to give her as well. I just wanted to buy everything off the shelf! Can we do this again please? :)
BLOG

Hi Guys! My name is LauraJane and I reside in sunny Southern California. My wonderful package pal Melissa lives all the way across the nation in North Carolina. Neither of us has been to each other's home state, so it was so excited to exchange gifts and learn about each other's homes. Melissa is such a sweetheart and it was a total joy getting to know her- package pals was an amazing experience and I hope to participate in it again someday, maybe :) Check out what I found in her package to me!


Group 4- Siri and Katherine
Hi everyone! I am Siri from Arizona and my package pal is Katherine from Australia! We have enjoyed getting to know each other. We mutually agree we both like Australia better. Ha ha! Here are the things we sent each other!
BLOG

"Hello from down under. My name is Katherine and I live in Sydney, Australia. I have a little blog called Through My Looking Glass and it has introduced me to so many amazing people around the world, including lovely Siri from Arizona and her love story about Pumpkin Thieves and Buffalo Wings. I had so much fun choosing items that mean a lot to me and my life in Australia - my favourite Aussie accessory brand, a beautiful indie zine from my hometown of Brisbane, some Aussie indie music, and some other bits and pieces! Here's what we sent each other!"


Group 5- Heather and Brooke
I'm Heather, living in Utah, and I was paired up with Brooke from Austrailia! This was such an amazing idea of Gentri's and I had so much fun getting to know Brooke, and figuring out what to send her. Luckily Brooke was patient with me as my work schedule has been crazy the last few months, and didn't for being late with almost everything. I loved learning about some of her favorite things, and trying to think of what little pieces of America I could send her! This was such a fun, original and unique experience! Thanks Gentri!
BLOG

Hi! My name is Brooke from Brisbane, Australia. My package pal was Heather Luczak from Utah! Package Pals was a great, creative experience and it was cool to meet someone living in a place I've always wanted to visit. Creating unique ways to wrap the packages was almost as fun as finding things to send :)
BLOG




You can check out group 1 HERE and group 2 HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment