Group 1- Kate and Michaela
"HELLO! My name is Kate and as a South African living in New York, I just love learning new
things about different parts of America. When I was partnered with Michaela from Iowa I was thrilled as I know very little about her home state. I had so much fun putting together a "New York style" parcel for my package-pal and had even more fun unpacking all the goodies she sent me! Come on over and check out how it all went down. -Kate"
"The Big Apple in Iowa?! Hey there, I'm Michaela, and I'm from a small town in Iowa. Kate was my lovely package pal, and she just happened to be from the streets of NYC! We had a blast explaining our towns, and talking about all those little things that made them what they are. We had so much fun, why not check out our packages? -Michaela"
Group 2- Amy and Kristy
"Hey there! I am Amy. The second I heard Miss Gentri had a package pal I was envious. The second she posted that I could get one too I was ecstatic. And then, when I was paired with Kristy from I was over the moon. She is by far the wittiest person I've ever conversed with. From that first hello I was laughing - everything the girl says is funny. So I'm sure you can guage my excitement level when I actually opened the package. They are very big on recycling in Canada, which I love, so some of my packaging made it's way back to me. Along with these really funny bandaid stickers, each one made me smile. And while I was excited about the Canadian maple syrup I was swooning over the homemade blueberry butter (which is now almost gone). I thought the most fantastic thing she gave me (aside from her favorite book, because I LOOOVE books) was the mix tapes (cd's) she made me. They made me laugh, they made me look at my cd player in my car like it was on crack, and made me feel like I just KNEW her. My fingers are itching to put my next box of goodies together for her and can't wait to see what I else I can learn about Kristy and Canada especially if it includes anything else she cooks up in that kitchen of hers. -Amy"
BLOG
"Package pals. Is. Awesome. And so is Amy (even if she is from Utah - jk Amy!). I'm Kristy from Victoria, Vancouver Island, B.C.. Connecting with her over vast distances and getting to know a bit about her and where she's from has been an incredible experience! I can't even tell you how stoked I was to plan out the box I sent Amy and how elated I felt when her box arrived for me - I almost popped like a balloon out of excitement! Everything she sent me was just so rad AND she included a list, each item assigned a designated number to explain why she sent what she did! Amy is a kind, generous, and very thoughtful woman and I'm proud to have "met" her - don't think our packages are stopping here. I'm already planning her next one ;) For the time being though, here's what she sent me. -Kristy"
Group 3- Whitney and Chloe
"My package pall is the lovely Whitney & here are the items i have sent to her.. Some of my fav chocs & sweets A Will’s & Kate pillow a cat jelly mould and some lil witches from the witches shop... Leaflets from attractions near to were i live A best of british book, telling of how fab we brits are Peter rabbit was my favourite book as a kid All wrapped & ready to go I haven’t gotten my package yet, can’t wait... -Chloe"
BLOG
BLOG
Group 4- Kate and Karly
"From Michigan to Idaho (the mitten to the potatoes!!) a goodie box full of great etsy finds, some sweet treats and a few more surprises made it's way to my package pal Karly! It was fun to break out the kraft paper and finger knitting and share a bit of myself with a new pal. -Kate"
BLOG
"Idaho is kind of a crazy crazy place! We're known for our potatoes and so I sent her an "idaho spud" candy! Yep, candy! I also sent her a spud keychain and some other fun stuff! Christmas is just around the corner so I thought she'd like some cozy socks and some coloring books to cuddle up in a blanket with! Idaho is pretty bomb, so I was glad I got so share of it with kate! :] -Karly"
BLOGGroup 5- Ariana and Laura
"I was so excited to see my package from Laura propped up on our stoop when I got home from work! It was the day before Halloween :) I loved the cute little Vampires notebook, little did she know: my hubby and I were vampires for Halloween, so it totally worked out! Also, she sent me an adorable Eiffel Tower key chain -- Et je parle francais! (And I speak French!) Of course, I love crafts so the stickers she sent me really came in handy, too. All in all, I loved being able to participate in the Package Pals of 2011 and look forward to reading about everyone else's experiences. -Ariana"
BLOG
"Packages pals was fun! My partner and I did a 'favorites' box, we both sent each other our favorite things, and it was a really fun way to get to know each other! -Laura"
*Unfortunately Laura's computer broke so she won't be able to post about Package Pals, but you can still check out her blog!
You can check out the other groups here:
Group 1
Group 2
Group 3





No comments:
Post a Comment