The road to our cabin is somewhat treacherous... (I have no idea if that's spelled correctly, but there's no spell check. So I'm going for it...) Before we had gotten very far we noticed (thanks to some kind people on the trail) that one of our back tires had been slashed open by a rock. Awesome. Luckily the spare is a real tire and we had no trouble the rest of the trip. (except for when the 4wheeler had a flat tire just before we made the drive home...)
On to more exciting things...
If you missed it, here's the backstory on the cabin-
100 years ago my great great (great?) grandfather bought 160 acres in the Rocky Mountains hoping to strike gold, or anything really. There was some, but not enough to continue mining. Over the years shares of the land have been spread out between his posterity. A few years ago my father, uncle, and cousin in-law (and another uncle??) bought everybody else out and built this awesome cabin. It is definitely a family treasure. :)
Welcome to our cabin!!
When you walk in you're greeted by this very rustic stairway.
The main floor is one open area. The kitchen is straight ahead complete with all the amenities of home.
The dining table is just next to the kitchen.
And the living room is right by the door.
Lets go upstairs!
At the top of the stairs is an open area with 4 bunk beds and a single bed.
And to the left is the master bedroom. Sorry, I took the photo after we'd already stripped the beds of their sheets to wash them...
I didn't get a picture of the lower level. It has another bedroom as well as a bed under the stairs. The bathroom is also down there complete with a shower and yes, a regular toilet. :)
Outside there's a lovely deck in the trees and they just added this awesomely rustic hot tub!
This was my favorite place to be in the mornings. I'd come out here and watch the sunrise. It was perfection.
I wish I could live here all the time. This place is perfect. :)
mom & sister
I hope you guys enjoyed the tour! :D
P.S. My bloggy friend Sarah is having the best giveaway EVER! So you should probably check it out! Or really, don't. Because that'll bring my chances of winning down, and I WILL be winning this giveaway! haha!
Hint: it has to do with magical Harry Potter photos!













No comments:
Post a Comment