Monday, February 15, 2010

A Lovely V-Day Weekend



Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day weekend! I myself had a great one and I'm really sad that its over. Friday night Gabe and I cooked dinner at home and watched the Olympic opening ceremony. Saturday morning we got up pretty early and headed to the mall to do a little shopping. That was out Valentines gift to each other since we were both needing some new spring clothes. My favorite thing I got this weekend?


This adorable BCBGeneration skirt

I wore this to our Valentines dinner with a black long sleeve top and my black peep toe pumps.



After shopping all day we went to see the movie Valentine's Day. It was ok. Not my favorite movie but still pretty cute. My problem with it was that there were to many characters to really get a full story line in for all of them. Sunday we slept in and Gabe surprised me with breakfast in bed! Sunday night we had reservations at Mike's Place which serves really yummy Cajun food! My favorite part of the weekend though was after our dinner when we got home. Gabe and I wrote letters to each other instead of buying cards. I'm not gonna lie, I cried a little reading what he wrote me. He is the sweetest man I have ever met and he truly is my best friend. We are so lucky to have such a great relationship and it's something to be thankful for every day, not just Valentine's Day. I think sometimes its easy to just let life get in the way of your relationship. There are weeks sometimes where I feel like I don't even see Gabe, even though we live in the same apartment. But it's important to just take a step back during your busy day and let your partner know how much you love and appreciate them. Gabe and I both try to tell each other thank you for the things we do for each other every day. Even if its just taking the trash out or folding the laundry. Anyways sorry for the mushy ending to this post. I've just been a big ball of love the past few days.

Have a great Monday y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment