Friday, October 1, 2010

La Bohème






Lillian Gish was an actress most popular in the 1910s and 20s (though her career continued up until the late 1980s when she starred in the Whales of August the trailer for which ran after the "little hershey's kisses" ad on The Princess Bride VHS). I was reminded of Miss Gish when I found an old disc of pictures that my brother had put together for me featuring a bunch of hilarious webcam pictures, drawings and videos from my high-school years (more on that another time) and I came across a drawing I had made of her. I remember falling absolutely head-over-heals for her adorable little face when I was researching silent films for a silent movie project I was working on in drama class (I wish I could find that video for you as it is mind blowingly silly and now far away enough from my present self that I'm no longer embarrassed by it but instead delighted). Her hair is pretty much my dream hair right now and fortunately, given my frizzy head of hair, quite achievable (must try that gorgeous up-do)!

Read more about Lillian here, here, and here.

I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style. - Lillian Gish

I've been slacking on the mixes, sorry! September was a crazy busy month but things have settled down for a bit and I'm spending this rainy night indoors with Landon, paint brushes and movies. Here is a mix I made a few weeks ago but have yet to post!

Man, you guys, I'm no good at writing these days, sorry (unless it's business emails, I'm brilliant at business emails. Maybe I will just start writing super formal business posts).

No comments:

Post a Comment