Monday, December 19, 2011

Blogger of the Week: Running in Heels

Hey guys! Today we have the guest post from this weeks Blog of the Week- Nicole from her blog "Running in Heels". She has such a fun blog and inspires me all the time with her love of running. So read her post then head on over to her blog and give her some love!


***

Hi there, Gentri Lee readers!
I'm Nicole & I blog over at Running in Heels


Yup, that's me. Although it's a little bit mis-leading. Because I only look like that once every few weeks when I decide getting ready is necessary (that photo was taken on Thanksgiving, hence me wearing makeup). Most of the time, you'll spot me looking like this:

Because I'm a runner. And between attending class to become a Physical Therapist and running to stay active, my wardrobe consists mostly of those fabulous drifit running clothes. So if you're looking for a fashion blog, I'd recommend you continue your search elsewhere, unless of course you find spandex and sweaty hair fashionable :)

Being the health & fitness nerd that I am, I blog a lot about living healthy and you guessed it, running. I also blog about my life, which is crazy at times, and my adventure of returning to college after taking 2 years off. Who would have guessed it. Not me! Anyway, I've been running for about 12 years now, so it's safe to say that it has become a part of my not-so-normal, everyday life. I ran my first half marathon when I was in college, and my first full marathon the very next year. Since, I've become an addict, what can I say.

I also have an addict dog. Dakota was welcomed into my life when I lived in Colorado after I graduated from college, and quickly grew to love running just like her mama. The minute she sees me putting on my running gear, it's all over. And those days when I don't want to run, well, just imagine saying no to this sweet face:


Doesn't happen much. And since I treat her like she's my baby, you'll see a lot of her on my blog.
She kind of tends to steal the show.

I'm also a country girl at heart, even though I grew up and currently live in the city. It's kind of weird if you think about it. But I have this desire deep down inside to be a true Southern Belle. I want to be able to say "bless your heart" on a daily basis without getting looked at like I've lost my mind. I also want to drink sweet tea all day everyday. Northerners just don't know how to do sweet tea, or bless people's hearts. Another reason I want to be a Southern Belle and live in the country is because I'd like to have the option to do this:


Even though Southern Belles probably don't do that. Can't please 'em all. But you definitely can't be pulling that thing out in the city. That was the first time I ever shot a gun by the way, and it just-so-happened to be 3 short months ago while visiting family in Missouri. I screamed directly after I pulled the trigger because that thing almost blew my shoulder out. Maybe I should just stick to running. And keeping spandex and sweaty hair fashionable!

Love,
Nicole


***


I absolutely LOVE Nicole! So please go check out her blog right HERE!


P.S. Have you entered the Christmas Giveaway Extravaganza yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment