Monday, January 2, 2012

The Beginning

Welcome 2012! I have a feeling you will be a great year. Unpredictable and a little scary (no, not because I think the world will end), but great.

I had a lot of fun ringing in the new year with family and friends. Before heading to any parties, my sister and I had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants- Blue Lemon. Their butternut squash soup is AMAZING!
Photobucket

We were originally planning on spending New Years Eve at home since my sister was in a car accident the other day and is still healing. But she decided she felt well enough, so we headed to a party! Friends, dancing, and speed dating...

Yes, you read that right- SPEED DATING! What?! I was forced into it... twice. My wrist had the hand print to prove it. I met some... interesting guys... One said my lipstick was "risky" (I hope he didn't mean risque because that would be even worse), one was a professional clown (I HATE clowns), and one had a chin- puff goatee (need to know what that is?? Click HERE. Just not my style. Totally cool if that's your style though). There were some ok guys as well. We'll see on Wednesday if any of them said "yes" to me! hahaha! Pretty sure I will not be heartbroken if I don't hear from anyone.
Photobucket

There's also this tiny tradition that my family has of setting off a cannon that my dad built YEARS ago. It's little, but LOUD! Wanna hear?! :D
Photobucket

Obviously it's much louder in person, but I did what I could for you. :) I had to shoot it off by myself for the video, I didn't think I'd get another chance. Turns out we set it off again tonight and I'm sure a video filled with other people cheering would have been much more fun. Oh well, at least you hear half a giggle from me...


I hope you all had a wonderful and safe new years (eve)! Did anything crazy happen? I'd love to hear about it! Or I'd love to hear your not so crazy stories too. :)

Have a great Monday everyone!

P.S. My January sponsors are up and running! I know they'd LOVE it if you paid them a visit. :) (if you're supposed to be one of my sponsors and do not see your button on my sidebar- please contact me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment