Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Craft Room- Pt. 1

Ok... SO it is taking A LOT of bravery for me to do this post. Why? Because the "before" state of my family's craft room is... Horrific. PLEASE do not let this be a judgement to you on how we live. Our family's home is actually really cute and clean. Except for in the craft room... Hence why I decided the perfect gift for my mom's birthday would be a new beautiful and clutter free craft room. But first, you must see the state it was in... before...

Here we go... I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking.

aaaaaaaaaaah!!!





Wow.

Did you make it out alive?

How many times did you pass out?

I'm sure you can see why something HAD to be done.

I was the only soul brave enough to tackle this job.

So I started searching for inspiration. I didn't want to spend a lot, so I decided to use the Mint Green paint I had left over from another project, and I also had a red parasol I wanted to use. There I had it, my base. Mint Green and Red. The search was on.

Not only did I want to paint a wall, this room needed a lot more TLC than that. I decided I would recover the computer chairs, buy a new (to us) sewing desk, paint the LAMINATE computer desk (everywhere says don't do it- I say DO IT!), and find a place for EVERTYTHING! Plus get rid of as much as possible.

I found some pictures online that I loved, printed them off, and taped them up on the wall so I could turn to them whenever I needed motivation.


So there you go. With my mom spending a week (which turned into two- thank goodness) in Arizona, operation "Craft Room" was now a go.

PLEEEEASE stay tuned for the reveal tomorrow! It will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! You would have never thought that room could be saved. Well folks, I am a miracle worker. haha! Jk. But it really truly is an amazing difference.

P.S. Go check out my guest post over at Kaitlyn's blog "isavirtue" to get a sneak peek (with crappy photos... sorry) of the final product!! :D

P.P.S. Yes we have ancient electronic devices. Psh. They work.

No comments:

Post a Comment