Saturday, March 26, 2011

Colorful... Inspiration Post #26!

*NOTE* my computer is freaking out. So, if there are double pictures, no pictures or any other problems with this post, I'm sorry. I'll try and fix it tomorrow...

Today I attended the Holi Festival of Colors at the Krishna Temple near where I live. It's basically the way they celebrate the start of Spring. 30,000 people attend this festival (just where I live) every year.

What happens is they have a big chalk (I think it's actually colored flower) throw every two hours (doesn't mean it only happens every two hours. You'll get hit all the time). It ends up being this giant cloud of color. There's also live music playing all day.

This is what you'd look like after:


So, after being completely consumed by it today, I am inspired by COLORS. We are so blessed to live in such a bright and colorful world! Think if we lived in a world where the color scheme ranged from black to gray to white... not that we'd know a difference, but I'm so grateful for all the beautiful colors around us, and Spring is the perfect time to celebrate colors. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment