Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Music... Inspiration Post #23!

So I absolutely LOVE music. Something about being a dance teacher has me searching constantly for new music. My computer (besides just being old) is ridiculously slow because I stuff it full of music. Music has the ability to set or change any mood! It has the ability to express any emotion. Happy, sad, serious, or spiritual.

Here are 3 of my favorite songs as of now... (my favorite for now playlist has enough music to play for 3 days straight... so ya, it was hard picking just a few.) For some reason my blog is cutting off half the video. I'm sorry. At least you can hear it or visit it on youtube.

First is "Something In The Water" by Brooke Fraser. It's so upbeat and different. I love it. Thanks to my sister for introducing me to Brooke Fraser's music.



Second, "Home" by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. This song was recently made even more popular by a dad and his daughter singing it. I posted the original but PLEASE go watch their version and read their story HERE.



Third is a happy little song by Rachel Goodrich called "Light Bulb". I guess she had a contest for the music video and this one won? I actually did laugh out loud at it. So hope you like it. You're really just watching it for the song anyways. :)


I hope you enjoyed those. If not, that's fine. I have other suggestions for you!

The Cave- by Mumford & Sons, or I love the cover by Megan Nicole and Tyler Ward!
Owls- Cocoon
5 Years Time- Noah and the Whale
Rolling In The Deep- Adele
Howl- Florence and the Machine

I could go on and on...

I really enjoy music that makes it feel like Summer. Kind of why they all have a similar sound.

What are some of your favorite songs right now? I can always use more. :) Also, if you didn't see YESTERDAY'S post check it out and tell me what some of your favorite books are so I can check them out too.


No comments:

Post a Comment