Wednesday, February 23, 2011

40's and 50's... Makeup Post #23!

I so should have lived in the 40's and 50's and danced with Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly etc. I'd pick an old classic film over a new one ANY day. So, today I decided to mimic the fabulous makeup from the 40's and 50's.

First it's all about the matte face and make sure you've got the rosy cheeks going on. Then I made sure my eyelids were covered with a matte nude. I then used a chocolate brown and swept it over my eyelid. Then I used black eye liner and went in and above (more than a normal day. We're going pinup here) my lash line and winged it on the outisde a touch. It was all about doe eyes back then, so make sure you cover your ridges with white liner. Then finish the eyes off with LOTS of mascara (not spidery of course).

What would a Big Band look be without some red lips? Well, it wouldn't be a Big Band look would it? So, finish off your look with some red lips and people will mistake you with the likes of Judy Garland, Esther Williams, and Ginger Rogers!

Eyes closed like I promised. I know I havn't the past two days. Sorry. Didn't think it was necessary and I was lazy... :(

Did you notice I took pictures outside in the natural light before the sun went down?? Yay! Luckily the sun has been staying up a tad later and I rushed home from work to make sure I could accomplish this. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment