Sunday, February 27, 2011

Smokey and Bold... Makeup Post #27!

Only 1 makeup post left!!!

Since tonight is the Oscar's and you all probably have fabulous parties to go to I thought I'd do more of a red carpet look. Most of the time you hear people say you can only wear either a smokey eye or a bold lip. Well, I think you can do both. Yep, you heard me right. Of course I don't think I'd do this for a daily makeup routine. But for an event or just any old night out I think this would be perfect.

First start with a nice clean matte face. You don't want to wear a lot of bronzer with this look. Then when you do your eye makeup use your eye shadow as your liner. A bold black liner could take it too far. The eyes are dark, but they're soft. So I started with a nude shadow over my entire lid. Then I used a taupe color and swept it into my crease and down to my lashes. Next I used a chocolate brown that had a purple tint to it and swept it into the outer corners of my eyes and down to line the lower lashes. Finish with mascara. Then apply your favorite lip color (for this look I say stay with the real reds to berry colors. I wouldn't do a pink).

Now go enjoy an oscar party!

No comments:

Post a Comment