Thursday, April 21, 2011

Imperfections....

I have read on a few blogs lately about how some bloggers make their life seem so perfect. Sometimes I wonder if I am one of those people. I am not the type to ever air my dirty laundry to anyone and I also try to always think on the positive side. The world we live in is filled with so much sadness at times that I just try to create this little bubble on my blog that is only filled with the fun stuff. That being said, I think it's important to admit that we are not perfect. We all have little flaws and imperfections that make us who we are. So I'll tell you a little about mine:

  • I am a sugar addict. I always talk about eating healthy on here, but I consume way to much sugar on a daily basis. My cravings get so bad that I actually had Gabe take me to get ice cream during all of the tornado stuff we had Tuesday night. 
  • I pray every day, but I don't make it to church all that often. I feel like a hypocrite for that. Here I am talking to God on a daily basis, but I can't seem to get up early enough one day a week to go to church and praise him. This is becoming more and more of a problem to me. And this is one of my flaws that I not only NEED  to change, but want to change. 
  • I watch way to much tv. It's almost an obsession. Gabe and I have actually had arguments over tv shows. Ridiculous!
  • I have horrible vision, but I don't wear contacts because they are uncomfortable to me. I also don't wear glasses because I'm a little vain. I plan on just letting my vision get a little worse over the next few years and then get lasik.
  • I don't always get along with my in-laws. And this is frustrating. 
  • I already mentioned that I am vain. I obsess over my skin and hair and my clothes. It drives my friends and my fiance crazy. 
  • I can't cook. Or I guess I just don't want to. I usually let Gabe do this.
  • I am OCD about cleaning. And I have a hard time letting anyone help me clean because I am convinced that they will do it wrong. This is why I hate letting Gabe load the dishwasher. I will literally have to fix the way he loads it. The only chores he is allowed to do is fold towels and take out the trash. 
  • I am always late. For everything. It doesn't matter how early I get up, I will be running late in the morning. I am so bad about this that my parents and Gabe have both started telling me that we need to be somewhere at 6 if we actually have to be there by 6:30. 
  • I spend to much money. No explanation needed.
  • I cry over commercials
  • I am bad about keeping in touch with people. I will go days without calling my family or any of my friends because I just get so caught up in my day to day life. 
  • I like to sleep. A lot.
  • I am the opposite of a hoarder. I throw away everything. And I mean everything. Like Gabe's tax stuff from last year... Yeah that caused some problems!
  • I am terrified of having children because I am convinced I will be a horrible mother.
  • I am scared of the dark so sleep with the tv on. 
  • I had a car wreck the summer after my senior year of high school. Since then I have been so scared of driving and I only drive when I have to. 
  • That being said, I'm also so scared of losing someone I love in a car wreck.
So what are some of your imperfections?

No comments:

Post a Comment