Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yesterday I was blonde but today I am brunette!

Photobucket

This is my new hairstyle! It was time for a change so I did a complete 180. I've been a redhead, a blonde, a blonde with pink and purple streaks (yeeeshhhkk) but now I am a brunette. I've worn my hair natural too which is a kind of mousy brown but I think this is the first time, I've dyed it a full on chocolate.

It was certainly an experience being platinum blonde! I felt the most 'me' for sure. It perked me up in the morning and just felt fun and freeing! The problem was, it was just so far from my natural colour that it only looked decent for the first 2 - 3 weeks and by week 6, I was starting to resemble Courtney Love circa '93. Now when this new colour fades and my roots grow out, it won't look too bad. Also, it'll be a lot gentler on the piggy bank!

When my hairdresser handed me the colour swatch book I immediately lept at the purples, oranges and pinks but I managed to refrain myself and opted for the most natural of them all. A pure brown without any gold, ash or red undertones. It feels nice to go back to simplicity although it's still a bit of a shock when I catch a glimpse in the mirror! I think I'll write another post about hair colours and what being that blonde was like. If you've ever toyed with the idea of going super light but haven't yet, I fully encourage you to go for it! The wonderful thing about hair is that you can always dye it back or grow it out! I hope you like:)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment